Re: dchanges3.0

Dale Scheetz writes:

>On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having trouble with dchanges3.0-0:
>>
>> dchanges a-1-1.deb a-1-1.tar.gz a-1-1.diff.gz
>>
>> gives: ERROR and then something about expected filenames.
>>
>> I also heard this from joost witteveen, so it's probably not my problem.
>>
>I think you and Mike are having the same problem. I believe the solution is:
>
>dchanges -o -w a-1-1.*
>
>You will probably end up with a changes file that looks like:
>
>a-1-1.a-1-1.tar.a-1-1.diff.changes
>
>or some such, but you can just rename it to a-1-1.changes with no ill
>effects. The file is correct internally.

Err not really.  Firstly don't use -w - you really don't need it and
upgrade to the newer version so you don't need -o (-o is need with
version 3.0 for the old filenames).

given the above files dchanges expects that in the control file for
a-1.1.deb there is

Package: a
Version: 1-1

If there is a source field it should be one of
Source: a
Source: a 1-1

If there is an architecture field it must be
Architecture: i386

If not there will be an error (the filenames are correctly named).

You should also be using an architecture field and putting the
architecture in filenames but this will only produce a warnings.

I am happy to help anyone with problems in getting dchanges to accept
their files.  However please send/post the exact command line used and
the errors produced (just redirect them to a file), and dpkg-deb
--info for all the .deb files.

The usual problem is fields not matching or lack of a source field.

Andy.