Re: mke2fs and mount problem

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Stoyan Kenderov wrote:
> I experienced pretty the same weirdness when mounting some filesystem
> without explicitly stating their type.

That's exactly right, and it's an actual bug in the mount command.  I
don't remember where I saw it discussed before, but I do remember the
fix was very simple.

Either the Debian mount never got this patch, or you're not running the
latest mount.  It should take only a few minutes with gdb to recreate
the patch, if necessary.

Guy