Re: EtherLink III 3c509b problem

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Thomas Nitzsche wrote:
> I own a Toshiba T4900CT Notebook with DeskStation. In the DeskStation
> is among other things a 3COM EtherLink III ISA (3c509b) installed.
You need either:
 a) Disable plug-and-play Support on the card using a DOS program
    supplied with the card. A Linux Program is available too, see
    below
 b) Use Donald E. Beckers new driver. Unfortunately this will not work
    with recent 1.3 kernels.

For the drivers and setup-utility look at
  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/linux.html

--
Coming again: Best quotes of the net. Today:          | Nils Rennebarth
Kristian Köhntopp <kris@schulung.netuse.de            | Schillerstr. 61
>>I'd also be interested in the comparison [of Linux] | 37083 Göttingen
>>with a cisco router. I assume a factor of about ten.| ++49-551-71626
>What? faster or slower?                              | http://www.nus.
Cheaper!                                              | pan-net.de/~nils