Re: Ghostscript!

>   I require some very basic help. I would like to complie gohstscript for my
> machine (I need to read ps files I am creating). Well the trouble is that I am
> just running linux w/o X-Win. I have looked on the net and the only gs progs
> that I can find require X... I even tried to compile 262 on a Dec first but the
> thing wouldn't even start up let alone run....
>    Does anyone have any ideas? They would be much appreciated....

I've used gs3.33 on a linux system without X.  I got it from
ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/ghost/aladdin and compiled it.  As I recall, all I had
to do was remove X from the list of devices before compiling.

As a recent slackware convert, I'm not familiar with binaries that are
intended for debian.  With slackware, I think that non-X ghostscript is
on the AP1 disk set.  However, I don't know how easy it is to grab a package
from slackware for installation on debian.  The aladdin source is more
up-to-date anyway, if you don't mind that it's not GNU.