Re: A question

Martin Str|mberg writes:
[stuff deleted]

> How does the system handle this scenario:
> Suppose you have / and /usr on different partitions.
> Before the system mount the usr partition it creates some files under the
> directory /usr, and then mounts the usr partition on /usr.

It won't mount! I tried this very same thing like this:

  I created a ordinary text file under /floppy. I then attempted to mount a
floppy to that directory and got back.....

mount: /dev/fd0 already mounted or /floppy is busy

  Attempting a "umount /dev/fd0" wields a message of "umount: /dev/fd0: not
mounted"  8-)

--
-= Sent by Debian Linux =-
+ Thomas Kocourek KD4CIK +