Re: HELP!!! - Problems with my root partition

Bill Gribble wrote:

> Is the filesystem mounted read-write?  You can tell by typing 'mount'
> with no arguments.  In parenthesis at the end of the line it
> should say (rw) for read-write or (r) for read-only.
>
> If you are mounted read-only, you can change it to read-write by doing
> mount -n -o remount,rw /
>
> This is supposed to be done automatically at boot time by the script
> /etc/init.d/boot .  It depends on your /etc/fstab having the correct
> entry for you root file system... does your /etc/fstab look correct?

Unfortunately it *should* be read/write. It says so... I seem to get a
"File too big" error every time I attempt to write anything to it, although
df says the partition is at 66%.

If I reboot with a floppy and mount the hard disk partition by hand, I
am able to write to it. I am clueless as to what I can do or why the problem
occurs... Maybe some library is wrong? Any other ideas?

Thanks very much!
Luis.