Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del problem

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Carlo U. Segre wrote:

> > I seem to have a little problem with Ctrl-Alt-Del. When I'm going to turn off
> I have also seen this.  I don't know what causes it, but when it happens,
> any further Ctrl-Alt-Del presses produces a message like "no more
> processes to kill".  The reset button is the only way to solve this.

I have an even funnier problem: when somebody is logged in (on a VC for
example), I can press C-A-D and my computer boots nicely. But when nobody
is logged in, init stops with the message "INIT: Sending all processes
the TERM signal". Usually it goes on with KILL signals, entering
runlevels, etc., just working fine.

I compiled init with DEBUG defined, but it didn't give any clues. I would
post more info from init, but as it happens, my monitor blew something
that I can only hope to be a fuse but already got my modem three days
earlier...

	Niels