Re: Can metamail be disabled in elm?

Carl V Streeter:
> But, if you'd looked into putting things like adding config file options to
> elm, you'd realize that you had better things to do.  It's a mess.

I can imagine.  I don't know if it will help, but my Publib library
has a set of functions for configuration files that can make things a
bit easier.  I assume that a large part of the problem is to modify
elm (or whatever) to select optional behavior via variables, instead
of #ifdefs or other static solutions.  My routines don't help with this.
But after this has been done, they take care of the actual file I/O.

<URL:http://www.iki.fi/liw/publib/>, if you're interested.

> Although I've heard that the phantom elm 3.0 is rewriting all of that crud.

Which probably means that you don't want to bother.

(Personally, I wouldn't touch elm, but there may be other programs.)