Re: xconsole messages

> I am trying to get messages to appear on the xconsole under
> xdm. I have altered syslog.conf and the xdm startup files.
> Still noe messages. Is this in a FAQ somewhere because I
> can't find it. Any help getting xconsole to spew messages
> would be appreciated.

For some magical reason, if I don't delay pppd's startup until a few
seconds later in the boot process (a backgrounded shell script
accomplishes this kluge quite nicely) it hangs for several seconds before
dialing out (and letting the system move on), and xconsole displays no
messages.

Are you using pppd?

--
Ryan Smith-Roberts - rsr@citadel.fine.net | Linux - anything else
http://citadel.fine.net/                  | would be uncivilized!

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation.
                -- H. H. Munroe