annoying terminal problem 2nd try

Hi,

a few days ago I asked for help with a very annoying problem I
encounter working on SVR4-Unices.

Right now the problem is not solved, so this is my second chance.

I use the console (TERM=linux) and rlogin to another
unix-box. This knows about my terminal (linux). After using for
example the man-command, following output is done only in the very
last screen line.

So I stop the session on the remote box. Back to my Debian --- its'
the same problem !

Output in the last line, shell prompt, all is gone. I compared the
tty-settings - they are just fine. I did "tput reset" (that's ESC c)
with no result.

So I loggoff. STILL THE SAME PROBLEM !!!

What now ? Any hints ?

I worked with slackware a very long time in the same environment - and
I never got this problem.

Gerd