Re: popclient & emacs => biffbit

Bill Hogan wrote:
>     Why is it that when from an Emacs shell prompt I do
>
> bash$ popclient <...etc...>
>
> I get this:
>
>       popclient: clearbiffbit: fchmod: Operation not permitted
>
> and after all my mail has been delivered, I get this:
>
>       popclient: restorebiffbit: fchmod: Operation not permitted

The problem is that the uid of the tty owner and the uid of the
poclient process are not the same. That's why it can't change the
mode of the tty. Upgrading to either netstd-1.26 or netstd-2.00
should fix your problem.

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de