popclient & emacs => biffbit

    Hello.

    Why is it that when from an Emacs shell prompt I do

bash$ popclient <...etc...>

I get this:

      popclient: clearbiffbit: fchmod: Operation not permitted

and after all my mail has been delivered, I get this:

      popclient: restorebiffbit: fchmod: Operation not permitted

but when I use popclient from my normal `sh' prompt I don't get these
messages?

    I would like to be able to use popclient from the Emacs shell, but
it bugs me when I get these messages.

    Thank you.

    Bill

--
<bhogan@rahul.net> |- "5. Improve constantly and forever the system of
production and service, to improve quality and productivity, and thus