Re: pppd won't compile :-(

> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 03:12:01 -0300
> From: Nelson Posse Lago fflch - fsl 3704 <nelplago@usp.br>
>
>      Hi all,
>      I'm having a hard time trying to compile pppd. I got the sources
> from ftp.debian.org, unpacked it and ran ./debian.rules binary. First I
> got some errors regarding a few paths (some includes couldn't be found).
> Now I get a lot of errors during compilation of "sys-linux.c"; warnings,
> parse errors, undefined functions, etc. (oh, I did run ./configure also).

Perhaps we need to somehow start listing dependancies for compiling from
the source package.  Perhaps a file named debian.compile could contain a
list of packages (optionally with minimal version numbers)?

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (dbackup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.

			     Programmer for hire.