Re: Redhat versus debian

On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, ' ALLAN W. BART wrote:

> I have spent four hours online looking at the Linux world today, I must
> say that it is quite impressive for such a new operating system. So it
> looks like the choice is beteen debian and redhat, the latter has cd roms
> available, but no group like this. I would like to hear opinions on redhat

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'group like this'... there is a very
active Red Hat mailing list.

There's a pretty decent comparison of different Linux distributions (the
only two worth considering are RH and Debian, IMHO) in the current issue
of Linux Journal.

(I'm secretly hoping that Red Hat and Debian somehow merge soon...)

Cheers,
Garrett

Garrett P. Nievin                             | http://mason.gmu.edu/~gnievin
12/95 Wired magazine says --                  | Any opinions stated here are
Happy 50th Birthday, ENIAC!  2/14/1946        | probably not shared by anyone,
See you at Oshkosh '96.  Run Linux.  Spoon!   | least of all my employer.