Re: compiling Lynx ... im a bit lost?

Fundamental wrote:

> hi
>
> i just downloaded the Lynx source code ... i would like to compile it
> myself (i thought it would a good learning experince;)  i read the
> installation guide carefully and made the appropriate changes ... the
> guide than says to type make (or makefile) and off you'll go .. but i
> keep gettingan "unkown command" ... what have i done wrong?
>
> any help appreciated:)

You need to install the package make-3.74-1.deb it depends on
libc-4.6.27.6.deb I do believe.  Then pray you have the gcc installed.
You can do this by running dpkg -i <filename.deb> on the command line
as root (you do need of course the filename.deb you are referencing).
You can get the above mentioned files from:

	ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/debian-0.93R6/binary-i386/devel/

Otherwise you can install them by running dselect and selecting the
appropiate packages (make?). But who would want to do that?  :)

Cheers,

Chris