RE: Using ipfw

On Saturday, February 17, 1996 4:38 AM, eckes[SMTP:ecki@lina.inka.de]
wrote:

>Probably you have locked out all the DNS conversation of your host with
the
>outside wirld and ipfw waits for a lot of timeouts in resolvng hostnames.
>Just try to use "ipfw -n l f".

The system that is acting as the firewall is also the DNS for our domain.
 Therefore, I can not see how I could have locked out access to DNS (I made
sure that I had the appropriate rules for allowing any system in our domain
to talk with any other system in our domain).  Also, the above command that
you gave me also never returns.  I am at a loss to explain why.

Richard A. Guay
rag@asicint.com
http://www.asicint.com