Using ipfw

Hi,

I have been working with ipfw without much success.  What I am trying to do
is to do a complete deny access from the outside would to our network and
then specifying individual ports that are accessable.  For example,

# first, disallow all external communication into the network
ipfw add forwarding deny all 0.0.0.0/0 to 205.241.206/24

# allow all internal communication to the internet
ipfw add forwarding accept all 205.241.206/24 to 0.0.0.0/0

# allow WWW access from the external world to a single computer
ipfw add forwarding accept tcp 0.0.0.0/0 80 to 205.241.206.206/32

Also, issuing the command:

ipfw list firewall

just hangs the command line until I issue a ^C, at which it aborts.
 Therefore, I can not look at what the firewall's state is.

Another side issue, what is the largest TCP port number allowable?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Richard A. Guay
rag@asicint.com
http://www.asicint.com