Re: ftp site and dpkg

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

>   Dale>  You don't have this one right. The source.tar.gz files are
>   Dale> debianized source files. The diff file is intended to reproduce the
>   Dale> upstream source from the debian source
>
> I think that last sentence is wrong. The diff what has been used the generate
> the Debian source from the upstream source, no?

You are exactly right Dirk. I always get this confused. The diff file is
for the creation of the Debianized source files from the upstream source.
If you already have the upstream source, then you only need to get the
diff file and run patch on the original to get the Debian source.

Thanks for the clarification,

Dwarf