formatted man pages etc go away...

Hi

My formatted man pages are deleted regularly. This may be a "Good
Thing" (tm) where disk space is at a premium, but that ain't the
case here. The locatedb database also goes away regularly. It is
disconcerting to say

 	locate stuff

and draw a blank when I know that stuff is out there.

Why is this done? Disk is perhaps the cheapest resource in a PC.

I found the cron.daily, weekly and monthly files in /etc, but
there is mention of the man pages only. I have disabled the man
page deletion, but I can't find what eats locatedb.

This HAS to be an RTFM question, but I haven't a clue where the
fine manual may be. Would someone please help?

--David
                LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make programming
teague@wcu.edu | a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@uunet.uu.net

spy counter-intelligence $400 million in gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper
National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb Iran
Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil