Re: Boot disks ...

On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Kevin M Bealer wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Brian Burger wrote:
>
> > Ok, so I look around and decided I wanted debian Linux.
> > Found the boot, root, and the 1 2 3 floppy disk images.
> > Also downloaded various docs, etc.
> >
> > And now the question : How do I create the bootable disks ?
> >
> > I can't find any info anywhere, have I missed something ... ?
> >
> > Thanks for any help ...
> >
> > Adio  Brian

Sorry, my mistake (the empty message). (ispell is acting funny).  You need
to get RAWRITE from sunsite, and possibly GUNZIP.  GUNZIP unzips the .gz
things and RAWRITE drops the info onto a floppy in some Unixated format.
The floppies must be perfect (no bad sectors).

_____Running_Debian_Linux__(stable)__version_1.2.13___________________
                                                                      \
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist |
the black flag, and begin slitting throats."  -- H.L. Mencken          |
                                                                Kevin Bealer
Q: Would you like to see the WINE list?                       kmb203@psu.edu