Re: xbase installation problem

> It is very rare IME for the solution to a broken Debian system to be
> `install everything again'.  Usually running `dpkg --install' on the
> right .deb files will fix it.  In this case,
>   dpkg --install dpkg-1.0.5.deb
>   dpkg --install xbase-*.deb
> Ian.
> (PS: I said this earlier to just debian-user, but you didn't seem to
> see it.)

Thanks, Ian! I tried it with the newer dpkg utility and everything
went fine! Sorry for my late answer, but I was away from my office
for a few days... :-)

Thanks again!
Roman

--
Roman Schneider                            Tel. +49-621-1581-403
Institut fuer deutsche Sprache             Fax. +49-621-1581-200