Re: diald, pppd, ppp

On Fri, 2 Feb 1996, Giuseppe Vacanti wrote:

> Make sure that you use a /dev/ttyS? port with diald (NOT a /dev/cua?
> as suggested in the man page). At some stage a new kernel, a new pppd
> and a new diald started conflicting when used on cua?.
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> Giuseppe

I try not to post questions when nothing is broken, but what is the purpose
of diald?  What can it do that pppd cannot?  I only use pppd and I login to
a dynamic address and connect with just pppd.  Is diald just for SLIP?

_____Running_Debian_Linux__(stable)__version_1.2.13___________________
                                                                      \
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist |
the black flag, and begin slitting throats."  -- H.L. Mencken          |
                                                                Kevin Bealer
Q: Would you like to see the WINE list?                       kmb203@psu.edu