Debian boot disks for SME Etherpower PCI Ethernet needed

I'm going to install Debian GNU/Linux on an PC with the above Ethernet
adapter. It uses the DEC 21040 chipset. There is a patch available for
the 1.2x kernels and it's fully integrated in recent 1.3 kernels.

I'd like to know if there are boot floppies that support this adapter
already or if I have to make them myself. There is a 1.3.37-1440_boot.gz
in the Debian distrib, will it work me? If not how can I build the
boot disks myself?
 Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
       Farzad

--