Mitsumi Proprietary CDROM Drive Help Request

Can you install Debian-linux from CDROM using a Mitsumi proprietary
CDROM Drive?  (The FX-001D?)  Since the mcd device driver isn't
offered in the installation routines, I couldn't figure out a way to
do it.  I was able to get Debian installed by copying the CDROM .deb
files to a hard drive, then mounting the partition, but I couldn't get
Debian to find the CDROM drive even after recompiling the kernel.  I
have been successful in getting slackware to find the CDROM, and have
installed from the CDROM.  Why this doesn't work is baffling, and I
finally broke down and asked.

Thanks for the help.

Fred
Fred Ringwald				913-242-4829