Re: Partial truth (Re: Why other distributions ...)

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Fernando wrote:
> However I have been unable to find any information about how to upload
> the package, whom should I contact and what should I do besides uploading
> the package.
This information is not yet up to date. There exists a manual
about the packaging guidelines but some new concepts didn't make its way
in there)

Ask Bruce Perens <bruce@Pixar.com> to put you on the debian-devel list.
This is intended for people contributing packages and is the
place where new guidelines etc. are discussed.

We are VERY interested in getting new people to contribute packages.
But probably we neglected the necessary work to make it easy for
newcomers to step in.

Nils