dftp vs. dselect: suggestions/bug

Hi, I'm basically through with my installation of a full X system, based on
Debian 0.93R6. The sailing was smooth, thanks to the superb work of all
maintainers. Thanks!

I would neverless add my stone with some (hopefully) remarks:

1) dftp getnew: if vi is not installed (highly probable on a new system...),
the selection process is skipped, and you start downloading the full 0.93 and
1.0 distributions...

2) the selection for dftp can't know about dependencies, while dselect can't
know how to fetch remote things. It would be great to include `dftp getselect`
as a subprocess of dselect, like an alternative to cd-rom, diskette or HD
installation. In the meantime, we could live with a patch/script that updates
the .packages-selected file for dftp, according to the choices you made in
dselect. However *where is that dselect info* hidden??? Which brings me to the
only real "bug" I encountered (quite mild after all...):

3) there is no manpage for dselect or dpkg, although there is one for dpkg-deb
that points to these... Is this normal/temporarily lacking? I seem to miss a
few manpages even after installing the full manpages and man packages.

Thanks to all!

	Amities,

		Jean Orloff

Phone: (33) 50.09.16.75			Fax: (33) 50.09.89.13
email: orloff@lapphp0.in2p3.fr		http://lapphp0.in2p3.fr/~orloff/
LAPP, IN2P3, BP110, Chemin de Bellevue, F-74941 Annecy-le-Vieux