listing of files a package installs?

Is there a way to know which packages installed which files.  Sometimes I'll
want to install a particular utility and doing a grep on the Packages may not
help if it's not explicitly listed in the description or name of the package
(it may just say something like "foo utilities").  It would be nice if there
were a comprehensive listing somewhere that lists ALL the files that a
package would install.  Or, perhaps there is and I don't know about it.

Also, I've thought that a nice feature to add to the dselect program
would be the ability to search for a particular package or keyword.  It
is cumbersome to have to have to page down the entire list to look for a
particular package.  As more and more packages are added, this will
become more so.

Thanks,

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net