Re: ppp not stable

    Junebug> string, i send ' ATZ OK ATDTXXXXXXX CONNECT ..... ' the

Sorry I can't help you with your ppp problem.  It is likely, however,
that before anyone else can help you, you will need to be much more
specific than that your connection is "jumpy".

Another point: I think you'll wear out your modem's eeprom by issuing
"ATZ" frequently.  I think "ATZ" is short for "ATZ0" which copies user
profile 0 into the current profile.  Anyway, just plain "AT" also gives
the response "OK", so I recommend that.