Re: invalid partition table

From: orloff@lapphp0.in2p3.fr
> 1) For the invalid partition table:
> I got the same problem, because I declared both the DOS (/dev/hda1 for you I
> guess) and Linux (/dev/hda3) as bootable.

That's all it takes, is it? I suppose the simple-minded DOS master boot
record can't deal with that? This is a good argument for us to provide
a partition boot manager. The only one I've found so far is shareware - we
need a free one with source code.

> By the way: is it still the case that boot
> partitions MUST begin at #sector < 1024?

It's the cylinder number, not the sector.
I think this depends on your BIOS version. Some work at > 1024 , some don't.

	Bruce
--
See Pixar's "Toy Story", at a theater near you starting November 22.
"Toy Story" Toys and Soundtrack Album are available now!