questions from a slackware user...

Hi guys,
I just installed my first debian distribution. I know it is different
than slackware (I noticed also there's a lot more stuff under /etc than
what I'm used to... I don't know if that's good or bad ;-)  )
Anyway, I noticed certain "useful" things weren't there, and I wanted
to know if they're really missing from debian or maybe I didn't install
correctly...

Where are:
"which" and "whereis" to find binaries?
"olwm" openlook window manager?

So far that's what I noticed right off the bat... Obviously the first
two missing I though was peculiar. Aren't "which" and/or "whereis"
part of any normal distributions? Where would they be located in debian?

TIA,
Ricardo