Re: debian, just what i always wanted.

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Anthony Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Craig Sanders wrote:
>
> > after selecting the option to make a boot disk from the custom menu,
> > there is no way to cancel that operation.  Not good if you don't
> > have a preformatted floppy available.  If an error occurs (i.e. no
> > disk in drive), the only option on the error dialog box is "OK" to
> > try again...there should be a "Cancel" there too!
>
> Yes, I agree.  I had the same thing happen to me, and the only thing
> to do is to hit the reset button.  I forget how I got into that
> situation, but it shouldn't be possible to lock up the system like
> that.
>
> Thanks to the developers for a great system.

One thing that would be really useful would be to spawn a getty on at
least tty2 and tty3 - that would make it easy to manually fix things.

I would find it a lot easier to just get a shell prompt, set up the
partitions as I need them, format, and then run the setup/install program
and tell it to use the partitions i've created.

Keep the install program on tty1, but give people the option of doing it
manually as well...

Craig

--
  cas@muffin.pronet.com                                cas@muffin.apana.org.au
   *       Unix Consulting:  Installation, Configuration, & Support.        *