[Q] Boot floppy problem

Hello,

  I am meeting a marked lack of success booting Debian 0.93 boot floopy
on my machine. The very same floppy warks flawlessly on other machines,
so the problem is with my hardware. Can anyone please suggest a mod to
the hardware in order to allow the boot to go through?

Hardware in question:

	586-100 Micronics P54Hi-02 ISA/PCI Triton
	Phoenix BIOS
	64MB
	ATI Mach64
	AHA1542CF
	CFP 1080S (Conner)
	LPS 540S (Quantum)
	L 365S (Quantum)
	L 365S (Quantum)
	WangDAT 3200
	Pioneer DRM-600
	Generic drek monitor

This same hardware is running Linux (Slackware 2.3, gradual upgrades
through all Slackware versions) and had FreeBSD installed on it without
a single problem. For some reason, the boot floppy fails to boot beyond
the LDLINUX.SYS (or similar, this from memory) which informs me that
it needs to have the boot floppy replaced since boot failed. Other
machines (DX/50, DX2/66, SX/25 - of various makes) boot to the Debian
boot prompt without a hitch.

The MAJOR difference between my machine and others, except for the CPU,
is the fact that I have _NO_ IDE devices at all.

Thanks in advance,

---MAV

Marc A. Volovic (marc@leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il)

                 Linguists do it cunningly