Re: how to write a floppy using dd

Using "cat" is OK on Linux because Linux blocks the I/O for you. On
other Unix systems it can have an incorrect result, depending on the
size of the I/O buffer in "cat". Note that Unix _character_  disk
devices require blocked I/O. Linux only has _block_ devices for disks,
no _character_ devices. I'm talking about the difference between
/dev/rfd0 and /dev/fd0.

I suspect that if using the block device (like on Linux)
you should run "sync" before removing the disk from the drive.

	Bruce