Re: HELP!! telnet and slip not working after update

Oz Dror wrote:
> I have upgraded my system with the latest debian packages
> including
> 1.2.13 kernel with slip module
> and netbase-1.16-1.deb  netstd-1.17-1.deb
>
> When I (root)  try telnet localhost, I get
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1...

Please look at your /etc/inetd.conf file. Is there an entry for
telnetd which is not commented out? If there is something unusual
in your /etc/inetd.conf please send me a copy of the file via email.

You should also check your eth0/lo/slip interfaces. Just type
"ifconfig". Maybe the interfaces are not configured correctly. Or your
routing entries are wrong ("route" or "netstat -r").

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de