Re: pcmcia? Linksys ethernet card?

>Reading the PCMCIA-HOWTO document, I note that the proceedure to get the card
>services running requires that one acquire a special package which does not
>seem to be available in a .deb file and build the software yourself.  This
>does not mesh with the standard Debian methodology.  Is there a debian package
>for this, or do I have to do it the hard way?

You have to do it the hard way.  Or at least, *I* had to do it the hard way after
asking this same question...  I think it would make a great package tho.  APM
(Advanced Power Management) would be another win as a package, as well, even if was
just source...

>(Also, if anyone knows of any special tricks that need to be played to get a
>Linksys PCMCIA ethernet card to function correctly, please let me know.)

Uh... the PCMCIA docco is pretty good about listing anything special that needs to be
done... I have a 3com card so it 'just worked' for me... :)

 --Zachary