pcmcia? Linksys ethernet card?

Reading the PCMCIA-HOWTO document, I note that the proceedure to get the card
services running requires that one acquire a special package which does not
seem to be available in a .deb file and build the software yourself.  This
does not mesh with the standard Debian methodology.  Is there a debian package
for this, or do I have to do it the hard way?

(Also, if anyone knows of any special tricks that need to be played to get a
Linksys PCMCIA ethernet card to function correctly, please let me know.)

Thanks,
--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (dbackup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.