Re: telnet after installation

Matt Surico wrote:
> > newly installed one, but I get "Connection refused". Do I need to
> > install anything else, or am I missing some other setup? I wanted to
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > be able to telnet before installing all the rest of the packages, so I
> > could do it remotely... Also, I tried doing a remote copy (rcp) of some
> > packages from my other machine, and got "permission denied" even though
> > I was root... Does rhosts need to be set up for rcp to work?
> >
> 	Check /etc/hosts.deny.  The system installs with tcp-wrapper
> and this defaults to a 'paranoid' state, ie, all remote connections
> are refused until you change it.

No, remote connections should work. The "paranoid" keyword in the
/etc/hosts.deny file means that access from any host whose name does not
match its IP address will be denied.

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de