Re: installation trouble: RAM and swap?

If you have a shadow ram problem, the way to fix it is to get to the ROM
set-up menu and change the settings there. Most motherboards today _have_
a set-up menu, a few require you to use a DOS program.

AMI bios and some others will get you to the setup menu if you strike
the delete key while the system is testing memory before it starts to
boot. See if your system says something about this when you turn it on.
Mine say to press <DEL>, but that message may be disabled on your system.

I'll try to do some low-RAM tests on the two new kernels I've built
before I upload them. I usually test them with 8MB, it could be I've
been missing something.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--