eth0: DE435 not found. ??

Hello.
 The last night I started to install debian-0.93R6 on a free partition
of a Pentium, where a LST-distribution runs a couple of month very
stable.

 I'm very pleasured about Debian, it was the first try.

 Ok, the de435-support for EtherPower PCI is built within the kernel,
whereas debian uses modules.  Having installed the base system and
configured debian nicely, I rebooted from a fresh made a boot floppy,
but the kernel doesn't get the EtherPower PCI right.  Here is the
output of the concerning boot messages.  Any idea?  Thanks.

 LST (ok):
 =========
 eth0: DE435 at 0xe400 (PCI device 10), h/w-address...,
       and requires IRQ12 (not probed)
       de4x5.c: v0.241   4/18/95  davies@wanton.lkg.dec.com
 checking 386/387 coupling ...

 debian 0.93R6 (not ok):
 Calculating dependencies ... done.
 eth0: de4x5-probe() cannot find device at 0x000b.
 Initialization of de4x5 failed.

--
Uni Wuppertal, FB Elektrotechnik, Tel/Fax: (0202) 439 - 3009
Andreas Wehler;   email:  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de