Bruce's involvement in "Toy Story"

Since I'm getting a few questions a day about "Toy Story" from Debian
correspondents, I'll give you all the scoop at once.

I didn't have much to do with the production of "Toy Story", and my
name doesn't appear in the credits. I am, of course, a Pixar
stockholder. I am presently writing software tools for Pixar's second
film and for our TV commericial production department.

While "Toy Story" was in production, I wrote a portion of the Kodak
Cineon digital film system, which was used to restore "Snow White" and
other films, and is used today to do "wire removal" for live-action
films - if you see an actor fly or fall very far in a feature film,
it's likely that a cable rig was removed from the image using my
software.

I have seen "Toy Story" about 7 times, in various stages of completion
from storyboard to its final form. I guess I'm somewhat biased, but
I think it's great! I think any adult would love this film, and of
course the kids will too.

If you'd like to see where I work, look for the Disney Channel's
"Making of Toy Story" half-hour special, or watch some of the news
features that are running about the film.

That's really all I want to say about Pixar and Toy Story on this
mailing list. Please mail me privately, off the list, if you have
any more questions.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--