Re: EtherExpress PRO -- help?

On Fri, 10 Nov 1995 Matt_Hamilton@bangate.compaq.com wrote:
> which has a built-in EtherExpress PRO adapter.  I've done a little homework
> and found out that eexpress is semi-supported, but not eexpress PRO.  This

Actually, the EtherExpress PRO is at least as supported as the 16 (I had a
16 for several months.  It was fine for most work, but if I tried to FTP
to another machine on the local segment, I was _guaranteed_ a hang).

To get the EtherExpress PRO driver (which is currently not in the kernel
-- unless it's in 1.3.x) look at the Ethernet-HOWTO, and search for
EtherExpress PRO.  It'll give you the email address of the person who
wrote the driver.  You just copy the file into the correct directory,
apply the patch and go.

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."