please check for this

Some of my kernel installation scripts may have left your hard-disk kernel
configured for a RAM disk. I'm not sure, but this might be wasting 1.5MB
memory on your system. To test for it, use the command:

	rdev -r /vmlinuz

If the answer is "Ramsize 0", it's OK. If the answer is "Ramsize 1440",
become the super user and run this command:

	rdev -r /vmlinuz 0

That will fix it. Write back to me and tell me if you have to do this.
I found this in generating the disks that install the base from CD-ROM
(I fixed those). I'm not sure that it's really happened to anyone who
installed from floppies.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--
See Pixar's "Toy Story", at a theater near you starting November 22.
"Toy Story" Soundtrack - Available now at a record shop near you!