Re: LinuxWare (NetWare clone)

Bruce,

the Novell-server "lwared" requires patching the kernel and does ONLY
work with plain 1.2.0 or 1.3.17 onwards (it's running here under 1.3.32;
requires a missing "PROC_NET_IPX_SPECIAL," entry in
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h:

        PROC_NET_IPMSQHST,
        PROC_NET_WAVELAN,
        PROC_NET_IPX_SPECIAL,
        PROC_NET_IPX_INTERFACE,
        PROC_NET_IPX_ROUTE,
        PROC_NET_IPX,

)

Beside this it works like a charm (at least half of the speed of our
original server), we provide access to our ftp/WWW/afs directories
over ipx now.

The version on sunsite is out of date, only the new version on Ales
ftp-Server works with newer kernels.

No experience if the patches conflict with the "client" (I fear).

Winfried