New base package...
- To: debian-user@Pixar.com
- Subject: New base package...
- From: Dale Scheetz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 21:27:16 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.91.951026211950.2137A-100000@localhost>
I noticed today that there is a new package in the base subdirectory (at
ftp.debian.org). Is syslinux-1.20-0.deb going to do something for me?
Should I insall it?
I assume that ld.so might also be a useful upgrade as it's version number
has gone up. (not just it's release number)
Can I assume that packages with only a higher release number (no change
in version) are not going to gain me anything if I already have them
installed and working? i.e. are new releases of this type only changed in
areas of installation and configuration, or are there content issues,
like corrections to manual pages that would make a difference in day to
day opperation of the package?