ypadduser perhaps?

Hi...

Just thinking out loud on this one - it would absolutely wonderful is people
with NIS setups could use a 'ypadduser' that would run adduser on the server
and keep the home dir local.  I forinstance store my NIS information on one
system and the home dirs on the other, so adding users can be a real pain for
me as you could imagine editing the /etc/passwd on one machine (because
adduser creates a home dir on THAT machine) and them making /home/user on the
other machine for the users space :-)

...Karl

--
 |                         PO Box 828   Office: (09)316-3036 Fax: (09)381-3909
 |OWER INTERNET SERVICES   Canning Bridge   After Hours:  015-779-828
                           WA, 6153     Sales Support: sales@tower.com.au
Internet Service Providers
 and Networking Solutions