Re: Installing debian from floppies.

In article <[🔎] Pine.BSF.3.91.951024195219.14253E-100000@digital.netvoyage.net> you wrote:

:   I just installed debian R6 last weekend. It seems to me that debian
: base disks either don't have the lilo package or the installation doesn't
: setup lilo automatically. Is it possible to add lilo setup during the
: installation or someone correct me if I am wrong.

Actually, I thought it was really cool that the base installation didn't try
to muck with lilo, but left me with a floppy from which I could boot the
system.

The lilo package is one of the ones I installed pretty quickly after getting
the base system running, but there are enough perils for folks who are
trying to run multiple operating systems that I applaud the complexity
management represented by choosing not to do lilo in the base installation.

Bdale