Re: Total mystery (to me).

>> clnttcp_create: RPC: Program not registered

>Just a guess, but do you have the special YP/NIS lines in your passwd
>or group files?  If so, I believe you would probably get this message
>if ypbind isn't running.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is 'no'. I've seen this pop up
on more than one machine... none of which were running NIS or had
any +s or anything in the group or passwd files... Any ideas?

(I still have access to one machine and can poke around a little on it
if anyone can give me something specific to look for)

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student
kaszeta@me.umn.edu			University of MN, ME Dept