talk daemon

hello everyone:

i'm having a problem to get the talk daemon to work correctly. my machine is
hooked up through ethernet and every other network service works quite well.
i have a web server, ftp, telnet, and all the other stuff set up with firewall
but open to some sites. however, everytime i try to talk to outside, i get a
error reading from the daemon; if others try to talk to me, they just get a
checking invitation on machine and stays until it exits automatically. i have
the line:
talk	.....	/usr/sbin/in.talkd
in my inetd.conf file and also have a service opened for talk in my services
file. forgive me if i missed something obvious here. please help :)

--
  \__/    Junebug | email: jun.ying@gtri.gatech.edu |                   \__/
  (o-)    URL: http://www.mindspring.com/~mikes/jun/junebug.html        (--)