Re: Debian is GPF only?!?

On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, brian (b.c.) white wrote:

> Being fairly new to this list, could you explain this?  Are you saying
> that Debian won't include any software that isn't covered by the GPL?

Somehow I thought that GNU Linux (Debian) would primarily include GNU-
copylefted packages.  It seems I was wrong -- apologies to everyone

Anyhow, what's to stop a debian user from downloading any non-debian
package?  The only drawback is that 'dselect' won't have it in the list
of available packages (and you may have to compile and configure it).