Re: ELF Debian

> Basically, I am trying to decide what to reinstall on my nuked HD --
> Slackware 3.0 which is ELF, or Debian.  The Debian seems to be superior in
> many respects, however, there is one aspect of ELF which is very important
> to me as a user -- there are some programs that I can't compile on my own
> machine (they are commercial or use Motif) and if the only binary I can
> get is ELF I will not be able to run it on Debian.

There are several packages available already that allow you to
use ELF binaries, and to make them yourself. These packages coexist
with the a.out packages.

You can find them in /debian/project/experimental/elf; don't be too
alarmed about the "experimental" part. The ELF tools have proven
very stable for me.

You'll need at least elf-libc and most likely elf-x11r6lib too.

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking